Saturday, April 25, 2015

The FINAL UPDATE - 5 days at Sea & Hawaii

So..... this trip (which I have termed 'a temporary lifestyle change' rather than a vacation - haha) has come to an end.  I am back at work and struggling to get my brain wrapped around routine and getting my weight back to a healthy level.  What a wonderful experience we have had together.  Hope you enjoyed the blog.

We had 5 days at sea after French Polynesia and had days of very calm seas and a couple of days of very rough seas.  We rescued 2 stranded, shipwrecked sailors without it affecting our itinerary.  We arrived in Maui and drove around part of the island.  We disembarked in Honolulu and had a VERY short stay in Waikiki before flying home.  Here are the final pics.

The dancing water park on the pool deck.  





One of many selfies to come - haha

My Karaoke buddy Deccy (one of the Activity Managers - what a great job to have) dancing with the other passengers during their daily 'fun' exercise. 

Enjoying Martinis

Half the fun is watching the bartender make them.


Pool deck at it's best - no passengers

An extraordinarily calm sea day.  Also the day of the rescue.


This is Malden Island where the 2 sailors were shipwrecked.  The 2 men had to walk 6.5 miles to a safe place for the rescue boat to retrieve them.  

The beach at Malden Island

My huge lamb shank

Our last formal night


Dining Room

Cool Towel Lobster 

The next day was rough (taken from the 3rd deck)

In the Art Gallery

Something Kelsey could draw



My colour-changing nail polish (indoors)

This is what happens when it gets exposed to sunlight

The salt on our balcony railing after a rough day & night at sea

At last LAND and it's MAUI!!!!

Driving Maui....there's our ship.

Lava fields

Taking a stroll on the hedge

The Hawaiian show by the pool on the ship

Hangin' Loose on our last night on The Celebrity Solstice

My favourite bartender Roldan.  He made my healthy double Margaritas for me (and charged me for a single - haha).

Waikiki (sitting at the Sheraton sipping Mai Tais)




The view from our very short stay at Pacific Beach Hotel



Hangin' Loose on my $3 raft

My journey

Getting a little too close to the strong current - how exciting and dangerous - haha









That's Bob between my toes - haha

What a cutie!

What can I say....I love birds.



The following shots were taken from the end of the pier on Waikiki Beach












They boogie boarded right past where we were sitting






The locals have so much fun



Aloha Hawaii

Way too short of a stay in Hawaii, but it is time to get back to work!

Diamond Head from the top

That's Hanauma Bay

My favourite, Makapuu Beach (which I didn't have time to go to this time)

Sunset from my First Class seat on the plane (for $45 more each)
 THANKS FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG!!  ALOOOOOHAAAAA!!

1 comment: